Sangathi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Election at SIMA, Los Angeles

3 posters

Go down

Election at SIMA, Los Angeles  Empty SIMA Elections

Post  simiradha Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:18 am

Yesterday, I had the previlege of meeting KR Subramanyam, Hari Asuri and L Balaji. They were talking to a small crowd of SIMA members. The main topic of discussion was their vision for SIMA's future. I came away impressed with their dedication, knowledge and team spirit. While I am not blaming the present management, it is obvious that a lot more could be done by SIMA. SIMA stands for South Indian Music Academy so lets put the 'Academy' part to work. SIMA is not just a Sabha but a community entity. These contestants are willing and able to run the academy so lets give them a chance to demonstrate that in the year 2011.

simiradha

Back to top Go down

Election at SIMA, Los Angeles  Empty Election at SIMA, LA Chapter

Post  simiradha Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:08 am

Few of my thoughts.......

Once the music season for the year comes to conclusion, we can concentrate on conducting Theory classes for all levels. The teachers and young artists, can take turns to volunteer & share their knowledge to others both young and old. We can conduct a few competitions too at various levels.

Music is a therapy. We can include dance, as it involves music too, where kids can learn the bhavam, bhakti and give life to music, by watching dancers who explain to us in dance form. We can rotate and give each school of dance an opportunity to perform at SIMA for them to feel that they are part of the group too.

Some companies like Amgen, BoA, Wellpoint match their employees contribution for school fundraising, arts & culture. Members should check with their companies and we should try to utilize them to the maximum.

SIMA programs should be year round for our South Indian Community as a whole to look forward. Unity and Team work will definitely help us reach the next level.

simiradha

Back to top Go down

Election at SIMA, Los Angeles  Empty Re: Election at SIMA, Los Angeles

Post  ravi-LA Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:17 am

My sincere appreciation for Radha and her teams for their all their efforts towards growth of SIMA.

Needless to say, the next president should take SIMA to great heights.

Here are some of my suggestions.

- Avoid concerts on Sundays.

- Kids make big noise outside the hall. Most of the kids learn from one of the teachers in LA. Kids must be encouraged to listen and learn. Quiz, prize and Pizaa (volunteers) may help.

- Prize of CD must be reduced. SIMA must sell on line.

- Sponsorship for each of the concert. Say for Hall, Equipment renting, Food , print, etc. Display Banners.

- Give Opportunity for youngsters. Encourage!

- Reduce fees.

- Start by 4 and end by 7 or latest by 7.30. This will help people who have to drive far and also have dinner in Cerrittos before they close by 9P. Else, arrange a good caterer at the concert place.

I have heard a lot about KRS though I may not know him personally, that he encourages youngsters and conducts House concerts for over 10 years in LA. He is also organizing to meet members to speak on his vision , his team and seek feedback. Way to go!

Hope to see him in the valley.

RAVILA

ravi-LA

Back to top Go down

Post  my2girls Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 am

Radha Pradeep did a great job in the last couple of years. She ensured that everyone followed a discipline. Concerts started in time.

There were some shortcoming too.

The new president and his crew must look into requests of the members. I heard that Mr KRS and his team are going to organize meetings in various places to talk about their vision and what they are going to do for this association if they are elected. This is a good start. Many of the members would like to share their ideas, know about the team and give valuable feed back.

But whoever comes, I wish they must make a difference and take SIMA to a new level.

It will be an great opportunity for the team to know in advance if everyone can share their views in this forum. I will post some of my observings shortly.

my2girls

Back to top Go down

Election at SIMA, Los Angeles  Empty Election at SIMA, Los Angeles

Post  simiradha Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:00 am

While artists are busy with the scheduled December music concerts in Chennai, we at South Indian Music Academy, Los Angeles chapter, concluded with our own Ram Ramamoorthy's concert. SIMA members will be electing their new President, Secretary and Treasurer in early 2011. Mr. K.R. Subramanyam, Mr. Hari Asuri and Mr. L Balaji have joined together to make a formidable team. While we are all enjoying SIMA concerts now, my feeling is that this trio, will take SIMA to the next level. The concerts will still continue at Hoover Middle School but there is a lot of fresh ideas from this team so let us give them a chance. Very Happy

simiradha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down